What are the documentation required for tenancy agreement?
- The title and details of the property;
- Assessment receipt of the property; and
- A copy of IC of tenant and landlord.
What kind of information should I include in the tenancy agreement?
There is no standard form of tenancy agreement. The landlord and tenant are free to include any terms into the tenancy agreement as long as it is legal and has been agreed upon by both parties.
However, the landlord would need to provide information such as the amount of the rental and rental deposit, the total rental period, whether it is subject to any renewal, whether there is any utilities deposit required and increment etc.
What are the general clauses to included in a tenancy agreement?
A tenancy shall generally contains clauses regarding the rental amount, duration of tenancy, due date of the rental and termination. In additional to the parties should consider to add the following clauses:
- Renewal of tenancy and it's new rental rate (or the calculation).
- Whether the tenant is allowed to sublet the premise to any third party.
- Whether the tenant is allowed to renovate or do monitor alternation.
- Whether the tenant is required to reinstate the premise into its original state and condition upon termination.